Call now: +7 812 985-64-34 (Russia) +34 695 495 745 (Spain)  +52 1 81 12 45 58 83 (Mexico)

Your consultant
Sorry, no free consultants. Send us an email or try to find again
We're find free consultant...
You were kicked by admin. Login try to find again
Your consultant has been logged out. Login try to find again
Send
 
Home » Sights

Tour categories

Travel Services

Hermitage

The State Hermitage occupies six magnificent buildings situated along the embankment of the River Neva, right in the heart of St Petersburg. Put together throughout two centuries and a half, the Hermitage collections of works of art (over 3,000,000 items) present the development of the world culture and art from the Stone Age to the 20th century.


Peter and Paul Fortress

The Peter and Paul Fortress is the original citadel of St. Petersburg, Russia, founded by Peter the Great in 1703 and built to Domenico Trezzini's designs from 1706 to 1740. The Peter and Paul Cathedral is the burial place of all Russian tsars from Peter I to Alexander III. The remains of the Imperial martyrs, Nicholas II and his family and entourage, were also interred there, in the side St.Catherine's Chapel, on the 80th anniversary of their deaths, July 17, 1998.


Peterhof

The dominant natural feature of Peterhof is a sixteen-metre-high bluff lying less than a hundred metres from the shore. The so-called Lower Gardens, at 1.02 km² comprising the better part of Peterhof's land area, are confined between this bluff and the shore, stretching east and west for roughly 200 metres. The majority of Peterhof's fountains are contained here, as are several small palaces and outbuildings. East of the Lower Gardens lies the Alexandria Park with 19th-century Gothic Revival structures such as the Kapella.


Pushkin (Tsarskoe Selo)

The town was founded in the 18th century as the summer residence of the Russian tsars under the name "Tsarskoye Selo" (Royal Village). Nicholas II of Russia and his family lived in the Alexander Palace until they were moved to Tobolsk on July 31, 1917.


Pavlovsk

Pavlovsk is a town situated in Russia, 30 km from and under jurisdiction of Saint Petersburg, just to the south of Tsarskoye Selo. Its population is of 14,960 (2002 census). The town developed around the Pavlovsk Palace, one of the most splendid residences of the Russian imperial family. It is part of the World Heritage Site Saint Petersburg and Related Groups of Monuments.


St.Isaak Cathedral

The St.Isaak 's Cathedral is the great monument of St.Petersburg (1818-1858). The architect is Montferrand. It is one of the largest domes structures in the world. The building, being rectangular in its layout, rose 101,5 high. St.Isaak was the saint of Peter the Great. In this architectural monument everything strikes the eye - its the grand colonnade, the sculptures, reliefs, gilt-work, marble.


Yusupov Palace

The Yusupov Palace, a unique historical landmark of federal importance showcasing architectural trends from the 18th through 20th centuries, has been rightfully acclaimed as the "encyclopedia" of St. Petersburg aristocratic interior design.


Savior on the Blood Cathedral

The church "Savior on the Spilled Blood" or "Resurrection of Christ" was built in 1883-1907 on the spot where a terrorist from the revolutionary organization People's Will mortally wounded Tsar Alexander II on March 1, 1881, by tossing a bomb at his feet. His son, Alexander III, began construction of the memorial church in 1883 and it was completed in 1907 during the reign of Nicholas II. The church was built by the architect Parland in so-called "Russian style", in the spirit of 16th-17th century Russian architecture It was supposed to resemble the St. Basil's cathedral in Moscow.


Cruiser Aurora

Lying in Petrograd the Cruiser had appeared at the centre of events of Russian Revolution 1917. Being in close contact to the workers of a plant, the cruiser's seamen were involved in revolutionary propaganda. This was promoted by general situation in Russia, which was put on a verge of catastrophe by the war. Russian army, fatiged, bloodless, insufficiently armed, suffered tremendous losses and went from defeat to defeat. The national economy had come in decline: there were starvation, lack of bread, meat, kerosene, goods of the primary needs. There was obvious an inability of imperial government to cope with a crisis situation. The mutual relations between AURORA's officers and team became extremely strained. On 12th of March the crew had required commanding officer to release under the arrest a three imprisoned workers-propagandists. In order to disperse this mass-meeting commanding officer Captain 1-st rank M.I.Nikolskiy and Senior officer P.P.Ogranovich opened pistol fire; there were wounded. When on March 13, 1917 at the Cruiser it had become known about the occured Revolution, sailors together with the workers hoisted the Red flag over the ship. Commanding officer was killed, senior officer was wounded, most part of crew landed and joined the revolt.


Russian museum

The State Russian Museum is the world's largest museum of Russian art. It is located in the very center of St Petersburg, just of the city's central magisterial, Nevsky Prospekt. The museum is housed in the former Mikhailovsky Palace, a stunning monument of Empire architecture.


Gatchina

Gatchina was first documented in 1499, a village in possession of Novgorod the Great, Russia. In the 17th century, in a series of wars, it passed to Livonia, then to Sweden, and was returned to Russia during the Northern War. At that time, Gatchina was a southern vicinity of the new Russian capital, St. Petersburg. In 1708 Gatchina was given by Peter the Great.[4] to his sister Natalia Alekseevna, and after her death, Peter founded an Imperial Hospital and Apothekary here. In 1765, Catherine the Great bought Gatchina with suburban 20 villages, then she granted it to her favourite General Count Orlov.


Mariinsky Theater

The theatre has been the home of Russian ballet and opera since the 1860s and has become a mecca for both Russian and international artists. The theatre was reconstructed by A. Kavos, and in 1860 was opened as the Mariinsky Theatre. It was named after the wife of the reigning Tsar Alexander II, Marina.


Russian folkloric concert at the Nikolaevsky Palace

Enchanting festival of Russian spirit "Feel yourself Russian"! The show is performed by the professional folk companies.


Oranienbaum

The Palace-and-park ensemble on the southern shore of the Gulf of Finland opposite the town-fortress Kronshtadt (architects D.Fontana and J.Schedel). In 1743, Oranienbaum became the summer residence of the future emperor Peter III. A fortress ensemble with a petite palace was constructed for him to the design of architect A.Rinaldi. Later, A.Rinaldi was commissioned by the Empress Catherine the Great to erect the Chinese Palace and the Katalnaya Gorka (Sliding Hill) with a pavilion.


Freud Dreams Museum

Freud Dreams Museum opened its doors in Saint Petersburg on November, 4, 1999 to the centennial anniversary of the first edition of his great book "The Interpretation of Dreams". The museum is dedicated to the world of dreams, Freud`s theories and his passion for art and ancient artefacts.


Mikhailovsky Castle

St Michael's Castle was designed by Vincenzo Brenna and Vasily Bazhenov (1797-1801) as a parade residence for the Emperor Paul I. The Emperor himself added to the project. It is named after St Michael the Archangel (patron saint of the House of Romanov). This is the only palace building in Russia in the style of romantic classicism.


Summer Garden and Sumer Palace of Peter the Great

The Summer Palace - the witness of the whole Peter-s life - has remained without any radical changes up to the present day. The evidence can be found both in historical plans of the Summer Garden of the first half of the 18th century and in the sketch (1727) by M. G. Zemtsov.


The Cabin of Peter the Great

A wooden house of Peter I on the Petrogradskaya Side is a witness of the first days of the city. In the papers of Peter-s time it was called "The Original Palace" or "The Red Mansion". The Swedish carpenters built the 12.7 x 5.7 blockhouse of pine logs in three days - 24-26 May 1703. There were "burning" canon balls and a wooden mortar on the roof symbolizing that the house belonged to the "captain of the bombardier company".


The Zoological Museum

The Museum of the Zoological Institute is one of the largest museums of its kind in the world and the largest in Russia and in Europe. The dissemination of biological knowledge and the popularization of the biological sciences are regarded as the main objectives of the Museum's work.


St. Sampson Cathedral

St. Sampson Cathedral in St. Petersburg is one of few monuments of religious architecture of the first half of the18th century, still standing. The first wooden St. Sampson Church was construction by Order of emperor Peter I in late November, 1709, in memory of one of the major battles of Peter's epoch, the Poltava Battle, and was consecrated in 1710.


Smolny Cathedral

Smolny Convent, located on Ploschad Rastrelli, on the bank of the River Neva in Saint Petersburg, consists of a Cathedral and a complex of buildings surrounding it, originally intended for a convent. The Cathedral is the centerpiece of the convent. The projected bell-tower was to become the tallest building in St. Petersburg and, at the time, all of Russia.


The Menshikov Palace

The Menshikov Palace is a Petrine Baroque edifice in Saint Petersburg, situated on Universitetskaya Embankment of the Bolshaya Neva on Vasilyevsky Island. Since 1981, it has served as a public museum, a branch of the Hermitage Museum.


The Russian Museum of Ethnography

The Russian Museum of Ethnography is one of the largest and famous museums in the world. Its collection contains above half a million objects and creates a broad picture of traditional life and culture of more than 150 peoples of Russia from the 18th-20th centuries.


Kunstkamera

The Kunstkamera or Kunstkammer was the first museum in Russia. It was established by Peter the Great on the Neva Riverfront (now Universitetskaya Embankment) facing the Winter Palace. The turreted Petrine Baroque building of the Kunstkamera, designed by Georg Johann Mattarnovy, was completed by 1727. The foundation stone for the Kunstkammer was layed in 1719.


Saint Petersburg

Saint Petersburg is a city and a federal subject of Russia located on the Neva River at the head of the Gulf of Finland on the Baltic Sea. The city's other names were Petrograd (19141924) and Leningrad (19241991). It is often called just Petersburg. Founded by Tsar Peter I of Russia on 27 May, 1703, it was the capital of the Russian Empire for more than two hundred years (17131728, 17321918). Saint Petersburg ceased being the capital in 1918 after the Russian Revolution of 1917. It is Russia's second largest and Europe's third largest city after Moscow and London. The city has 4.6 million inhabitants, and over 6 million people live in its vicinity. Saint Petersburg is a major European cultural center, and an important Russian port on the Baltic Sea.


Kronstadt

Kronstadt is a Russian seaport town, located on Kotlin Island, thirty kilometers west of Saint Petersburg near the head of the Gulf of Finland. It is under the administration of the federal city of Saint Petersburg and is also its main port. In March 1921 it was the site of the Kronstadt rebellion. Traditionally, the seat of the Russian admiralty and the base of the Russian Baltic Fleet were located in Kronstadt guarding the approaches to Saint Petersburg . The historic centre of the city and its fortifications are part of the World Heritage Site Saint Petersburg and Related Groups of Monuments.


Strelna

The beginning of the new millennium became the turning point in the history of Konstantinovsky Palace. The original idea of Peter I is realized to the three-hundredth anniversary of St.Petersburg Konstantinovsky Palace becomes the embodiment of the government of Russia. The funds for it were given by the state. The International Charity Fund was created. Businessmen and ordinary citizens Subscribed funds, charitable contributions arrived also from other countries. As a result more than two hundred million dollars were gathered. The works of architects, water engineers, builders and restorers lasted only a year and a half. Great work was done. Six thousands people were occupied with building and projection at the same time. The general planner was the GIPRONII of the Academy of Science in St.Petersburg and the general contractor was the consortium with "Sixteenth Trust LTD" at the head. Works were held day and night, as in Peter's time. At the beginning the whole work zone needed to be raised by two metres. The sea front of the gulf was strengthened, waterfront structures were built and the Morskoy (Sea) canal was laid on the shallow water of Markizova Luzha. Now the whole Konstantinovsky ensemble is the realm of canals, rivers and bridges. River-channels were cleared, the Big, the Carp, the Trout, the Flower and the Mill ponds were renewed and the system of sluices was restored. Twenty bridges were built including three drawbridges connecting the park with the Peter Island where the Pavilion of Negotiations is placed. The stocky domed building was constructed on the place of Leblon's forethought Temple of Water. The Palace of Congresses of the Russian Federation supervises such important objects as the small helidrom in the West Park and the modern Press-Centre based in the restored building of 1960s on the seashore. It transmits news all over the world. The cottage village called "The Consular Village" with comfortable houses is now ready for guests. The new 4-star hotel is opened in the rebuilt building of the Arctic College. The former Stable Building is now adapted for administrative and household needs.


Shuvalovka

On the territory of the Russian village Shuvalovka placed a unique complex of buildings, made in the traditions of Russian wooden architecture of the XVIII and XIX centuries. You can visit the smithy and pottery studio, ethnographic hut, reconstituted from drawings Novgorod peasant's house of the XIX century, the mill and the Chapel Nativity of the Blessed Virgin. Every weekend, open to all visitors the Animal Farm, the Children's playground with a trampoline and the Fairytales Theatre Mr Pezhos wandering dolls - a unique, unparalleled project where children, along with the actors themselves play a fairytale.


2003-2011 Classic Tours Ltd.
All rights reserved ©

Contacts